The essential macro-nutrients for your body are proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, minerals etc. Your health mostly depends on the macro-nutrients that you are including in your diet. Each and every macronutrient has its own advantage and disadvantage. Sugar and ghee have their own pros and cons which we should know before including them in our diet.
Advantages of Ghee-
Ghee is a nutrient-rich fat. It is a source of saturated fat and is also flavourful. Ghee primarily contains butterfat with some amount of water and milk protein as well.
The major benefits of Ghee are as follows-
- Since many people have the inability to digest Lactose which is found in milk, ghee becomes the perfect alternative for them as Ghee is free of Lactose. Today a majority of the population is Lactose intolerant. The process through which ghee is created removes Lactose from it. But, to avoid cross-contamination, make sure you check for Lactose-Free Label on the product.
- Certain milk allergies are caused due to casein present in it, Ghee is completely free from casein. The process of creating ghee removes casein and lactose.
- Ghee is a source of saturated fats. There are basically two kinds of fats available, one is saturated other is unsaturated. Saturated fat is good for your health. Consumption of saturated fat won’t cause you any heart disease whereas unsaturated fat does.
- Ghee is a healthy fat which can be used for cooking, baking & more. It also enhances the taste of the food.
- Conjugated Linolenic Acid is present in ghee which prevents the growth of breast cancer and CLA also causes fat loss. Ghee contains CLA in a good ratio.
- Ghee is a great source of good cholesterol. There are actually two types of cholesterol one is healthy and the other one is non-healthy which also causes heart diseases. Healthy cholesterol present in ghee cuts down bad cholesterol from your body.
- Ghee contains Vitamin K and Vitamin A. Vitamin A is great for eyesight, stamina, healthy liver, fertility and hormonal balances. On the other hand, Vitamin K helps in the coagulation of your blood. As a fat-soluble vitamin, it requires fatty acids present in ghee for absorption.
- The butyric acid which prevents the growth of mammary tumors is present in ghee. It also helps in healing the intestinal tract and also heals the bowel diseases.
There are a few disadvantages of ghee as well-
- Excess of anything is dangerous; the same goes for ghee when it is taken in excess cause’s diarrhea and indigestion.
- Pregnant ladies should avoid ghee in their early months.
- Since ghee is heavy in calories it can cause a weight gain also.
- During cold and cough, you should stay away from ghee.
Verdict- Since ghee has many healthy effects; you would be benefited from it if included in the diet. There are certain ill effects of ghee as well which should be kept in mind. Don’t say no to ghee as it is healthy for you. Another thing you should keep in mind; avoid market ghee as much as you can and include natural ghee in your diet.
[amazon_link asins=’B009FV7VOS,B01DKPA876,B072HG4WNC,B078797JG5,1472139623′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’livepeppyin-21′ marketplace=’IN’ link_id=’fe96808f-8038-11e8-844a-ede697aeafe3′]
Advantages of Sugar-
Sugar is a type of carbohydrate. The most common sugar in the body is glucose. It can be natural or processed. The major advantages of sugar are-
- Sugar can provide instant energy to your body. Glucose is the primary source of energy for your body which comes after the breakdown of sugar.
- Glucose is healthy for your mood which causes a rush of Dopamine in our body which eventually makes you happy.
- Sugar comes with certain minerals which have their own benefits. Sugar can also improve your thinking skills.
Disadvantages of sugar are as follows-
- Excess of sugar can cause weight gain. Processed sugar products in the market are full of fructose which is a simple sugar. Consuming more fructose will increase your hunger which will lead you to weight gain. Drinking sugary drinks can increase visceral fat in your body which causes heart diseases and diabetes.
- Too much consumption of sugar can lead to obesity, blood pressure issues and many other heart diseases as well.
- Taking sugar in high quantity can cause Acne. Sugary food spike blood sugar which causes androgen secretion and oil production resulting in acne.
- Sugar can cause cancer as well. Obesity which is a major side effect of sugar can cause risk of developing cancer. Sugar can cause inflammation and insulin resistance which can cause cancer.
- Sugar can increase skin aging process. Advanced Glycation End products (AGEs) are formed by reaction of sugar and protein. This causes skin aging.
Verdict– Sugar intake should be minimal as it has a number of disadvantages for your health. Do not completely avoid it, include natural sugar, not the processed one.
[amazon_link asins=’B00L928ZIC,B079T6PH2Z,B017KJ5H1K,B07B1B5CVK’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’livepeppyin-21′ marketplace=’IN’ link_id=’270d3c1f-8039-11e8-a7ed-e724b1dc4559′]
Advantages of Carbohydrates-
- Carbohydrates are the main source of energy in your body. Your 40 to 65 percent of calories should come from Carbohydrates.
- If you’re looking for weight gain carbohydrates are must in your diet. You should include complex carbohydrates as they are rich in calories.
- Fibre, a type of carbohydrate is vital for keeping you healthy. It reduces the risk of heart diseases and also eases the bowel movements.
- Carbohydrates also prevent you from kidney and heart diseases as well.
Disadvantages of Carbohydrates-
- Excess of carbohydrates can lead to weight gain so it is advised to limit the intake of carbohydrates in your diet.
- Carbohydrates increase the blood sugar level. If you are diabetic and suffering from heart diseases a minor increase in the blood sugar level can cause difficulties.
- Refined grains like white loaves of bread, white rice, and processed foods are unhealthy for your health.
Bottom line- Carbohydrates are healthy for your body but you should avoid processed carbohydrates and simple carbohydrates. If your daily maintenance calorie is 2000 you should eat approximately 220-250 grams of carbohydrates on a daily basis.
Click Here to explore more on Health!
Be Happy, Be Peppy. LivePeppy! 🙂
1 thought on “No Sugar, Ghee etc to stay Healthy! Really..??”
Now I understood why my wife uses lots of Desi Ghee on my Paratha. Much needed information.